Friday, August 27, 2010

We made it to Seoul!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we made it in last night!  It's currently 6:30 am in Seoul and we managed to get a pretty good nights sleep.  Considering we were traveling for about 18 hours total yesterday, and awake for over 24hrs, we were in desperate need of that sleep!  Now I'm sipping on an espresso from our very nice espresso machine in our room. Yum.

The flight - The flight was good, just long.  I managed to watch three movies, play computer poker and another game the flight had to offer.  Also snuck an hour long nap in there too.  The bad part was that at one point I had sworn we were at least 8-9 hours into our 11 hour and 40 min flight.  Nope, still had 6 hours to go.  Wow, was that a major dissapointment!  I managed to break that down in my head by movies.  Three more movies until we're off this plane!  Then I kept thinking, we have to do this all over again and next time with a baby! OMG!

Today - we plan on doing some exploring.  I'm thinking we're going to try and find the bus tour, so we can have some sort of idea of the city before we venture out on our own.

Below are a couple of photos I took from our room (our view) and a couple inside of our room at the Westin.  I also posted a cool picture of our new currency. 

We are in downtown Seoul, in the heart of business district.



4 comments:

  1. Everytime I read this blog I CRY! (happy tears of course!!))) I can't believe you are there!! AAAAHHHH! I am so happy for you guys! I cant wait to hear all about your trip and your first meeting with your little guy:) SO exciting!!!
    P.S. this is Candace (had to post as anonymous, couldn't figure out how to do it, ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Seoul! You are going to love this city. Enjoy! Can't wait until you meet you little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! You made it to Seoul!!! Glad to hear that the trip was good (despite it's length). You're hotel looks fabulous. Cannot wait to hear all about your first meeting with Maddyx!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray you're in Seoul!!! Trust me, the flight home won't seem as long as the flight there. You will be sooo "in" to your precious little one that you won't even watch a movie. Have fun exploring the city - can't wait to read more about what you've seen and about meeting Maddyx. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!