Monday, August 2, 2010

Goodbye July and Hello August!

I cannot believe that this might actually be the month that we get THE CALL to fly to South Korea to pick up our son.  I'm actually certain that this is the month!  We started this process almost 16 mos ago to the day, and it is definitely time to turn the page and start a new chapter.  The "Waiting" chapter has been far too long.  Now that we know we are down to a matter of weeks, we have made a pact to have date nights (basically dinner and drinks out) as often as our hearts desire!  I am also in full planner mode.  I've got my checklist and I'm proud to say that some items have been checked off.  For example, I purchased our first box of diapers (whooohooo, this is a big one); size 4 mind you.  I also bought several jars of baby food snacks (I say snacks because, well, have you seen our son?  Enough said.), baby cereal, formula, gates for our stairs, and our cabinet locks and outlet covers.  We also FINALLY bought our baby jogger stroller and the ergo carrier!  All the necessities, but not necessarily the most fun or exciting items to shop for.  One of the items I've had on my list is music for Maddyx and a docking station for our ipod (that we'll be sharing for now) that will go in his nursery.  While on my search I ran across what I think is probably the COOLEST docking station EVER!!  OK, I realize I might be way late in the game on this one, and for all I know it's probably been around for years, but this is the first that I've seen it and I.AM.IN.LOVE.  Let me introduce to you....................

The iPig!!!  Hello, is this not the coolest thing EVER?!?


So, I completely realize this is not a necessity and would be an absolute splurge, but I'm afraid I may not be able to get this little piggy out of my head.  We'll see.  Stay tuned..

I've also been thinking about items for Maddyx on the plane ride home.  I'm thinking anything that will keep his little mind occupied, and keep us safe from the dreaded moment of baby crying on an airplane.  Oh boy, I really fear this one.  I'm thinking snacks, music, movies, toys, whatever!!  Just as long as we don't have a major meltdown on the plane.  Now, I fully realize that by me talking about this dreaded experience I am probably creating this experience that I dread so much.  Taking a deep breath.  With that said, I am now going to take charge of my own destiny and create the experience we will have on the plane..... So here it goes.  Happy, laughing baby that is loving all of the yummy snacks we bring (bribe him with), playing with some really fun toys and then he becomes so tired from all the stimulation that he falls fast asleep......aaaah yes, this is the experience we will have.

Have a great week all!

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! I will have to read on to see how the actual plane ride went :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!