Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 11 - Following Up & Milestones

I can't believe Maddyx has been home for 11 weeks.  That's almost three months!  Wow.  Just wow.  I guess I have a big three month home post to do next week!  Better get working on that.

So I feel like there are a few things that need following up on.  Like for one, the 'Date Night' post.  Did we go, or did we not?  First off, thank you to all of you who gave me your input!  It was much appreciated.  I read each and every comment that I get and very much appreciate that you take the time to share your thoughts.  Or just show your support.  So thank you.  For the record, I LOVE getting your comments.  Even if I don't know you...feel free to comment.  I read somewhere that comments are like hugs.  And you know what, they really are.

OK, OK, back to the question.  YES, we went!  A lot of you mentioned your first date being a 'day' date, and while that wasn't really ideal for our evening out, we still wanted to be very sensitive to Maddyx's attachment and decided that being home in time to put him down  for bed was the right choice for us.  So Grandma and Papa came over and watched Maddyx for a few hours while the hubby and I went out and had a of couple cocktails and an early dinner.  It was so nice to be able to eat my meal and not have to cut someone else's (ahem) portions up and then speed feed that someone else's (double, ahem) portions to them so they don't start yelling, or screeching because they're not being fed fast enough.  All the while my food is sitting there all alone, not being eaten, and getting cold.  Oh, man, it was so nice.  Did I mention that already?!?  After dinner we went back home (around 7ish) to put little man to bed.  My parents were nice enough to stay late that night so we could go on part two of our date, which was an adult only halloween party.  We got to hang out with our friends, catch up and get some much needed ADULT time.  We got back in around 11ish and Maddyx was asleep in his crib with no problems for the grandparents.  Phheeeew!  Glad we got that out of the way! 

As for any issues with Maddyx following our time away from him.  We had none.  But then again, he LOVES his Grandma and Papa.  He did so well that the hubby and I have date night #2 lined up for this Saturday.  Whoohoo!  We're planning on doing a 4-7:30 date again, so we can still be back for bedtime.  Mama's just not ready to give that time up just yet.  I might need a little more time before I can let someone else (besides Dad) put him to bed.

Follow up on sleep.  This really should be a week-by-week post, as it honestly changes from one week to the next for us.  So, after my very disgruntle sleep post last week, we had one more bad night of sleep and then voila, we were back on track.  And have been ever since.  I guess it's been about a week now?  I so know I'm jinxing myself by posting this.  Especially since we're at that week marker.  Oh boy....  Anyway, I really worked on not 'hanging' in Maddyx's room with him when he would wake those 3-4 times a night.  I would give VERY limited soothing, but would go in to let him know I was there.  Then I would leave.  Really cut and dry.  No sugar coating.  And you know what, it works!    I started noticing that when I would go into his room he was perfectly fine.  And then I wondered if he was just getting into the habit of waking and expecting me to be there.  So we just worked on reminding him of his old habit.  The one where he went to sleep at 7:30 pm and slept until 6:30 am.  So far, so good.  I'm so nervous right now.  You may be hearing from me again on this one.

Well, the last week or so have brought a couple new milestones.  First, Maddyx has finally conquered his stacking rings.

Yes, after several weeks, he's finally figured out how to get that darn ring over that darn wooden pole!  And let me tell you he's stacked those rings about 100 times since figuring it out.  It's so cute!  He was so determined.  And patient, I must add.  Never getting frustrated, just sticking with it until he got it.  I just love that about him.

Second, well, let me just show you some pictures of what Maddyx has been doing.  Here's a hint.... it has something to do with him..... WALKING!!  OK, not fully walking, but several great 'on his own' steps.  He's been 'trying' off and on for over a couple of weeks, but then he stopped and wouldn't even try all of last week.  And then a few days ago he just started taking off from table to table, or from the dog's back to a table, or from mom's leg to the next nearest thing.  You get the picture.  It's so cool!  He's a somewhat late walker, so we're super excited to see him gain this new found independence.  Not to mention that our backs are begging this thirty pound little guy to get those wheels of his turning so we don't have to carry him everywhere.  I'm SURE, as with everything, this comes with a whole new set of issues, but for now it's just plain awesome!
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

5 comments:

  1. Love the update. Glad your dates and your back are going well. Go M with the walking !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love maddyx's little smirk in all these shots. it's like he's so proud of himself! :)
    and, yay for improved sleep! and double yay for date nights! we're on the other end of that and trying to get as many in as possible before we travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Kinda looks like he's performing some sweet dance moves :)

    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got a walker!!! super sweet! running is not too far off now.

    LOVE your date-with-a-break idea. brilliant!! and i am so glad you have another date lined up already. have a great time with each other and enjoying your food! (you described our meal times to a tee!!)

    here's to continued sleepy nights and naps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo on the walking!! Such cute photos.
    Huge yay on the date night! We are looking forward to having our first one in five months this weekend. I CAN NOT WAIT. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!