Sunday, October 3, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

First and foremost, a big thank you to Sue for awarding me with this really fun award!  Sue is over at all accounted four (such a great name) and in my opinion is the Super Mom of all Moms.  Don't believe me?  Just check out her pictures from their trip to Seoul where she is carrying her son Drew on her back, in her backpack carrier, up a hill and a flight of stairs that appear to go on forever super mom in action.  And made it seem like it was nothing.  And not to mention what an amazing job she's done transitioning Leo right into his new home and family.  They are a beautiful family and I love following their journey! 




About the versatile blogger award:
- You thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 7 other bloggers that you think are great!

Things about me:
1. I am one of the few home-grown, born and raised, San Diegans.  I've lived here 'almost' all of my life.  I'm not gonna lie, I did move a whole 100 miles north for a few years, but that didn't last, and now I'm back.  Have been for over 8 years.


2. I 'm super embarrassed (actually, not really) to admit that I am a total realty t.v. junky.  Actually, I'm completely addicted.  It's disgusting, but it's definitely one of my guilty pleasures!  I love all of them.  Are there any meds for this?  There should be.  And I need them.  Some of my favs are The Bachelor and Bachelorette and Big Brother.  And yes, I STILL watch the Bachelor.  Even though I know it NEVER works out.  Still love it.


3. I think I might love animals more than people (except for my son and husband.  of course ;-)  They are so great.  Everyone should have a pet.  Everyone should rescue an animal once in their life and feel the love that they have to offer.  It's the best.


4. I used to be a make-up artist and I'm also a licensed Esthetician.  Here's the kicker, I've never given a professional facial in my life.  I continue to renew my license because I get all of my hair and skin care products at cost.  Totally worth a year of school and state board testing.  Right?


5.  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  Really.  But I do know, it's never too late!  And heck, I'm only 30-something! =)  I'll figure it out.  Someday.  I hope.


6.  One of my favorite places in the world to be is Hawaii.  Maui.  I love sipping Mai tai's and watching the sunset from pretty much anywhere there.  I know, I live in San Diego, but it's different.  My husband and I got married in Wailea on Maui in 2005 and we'd love to make it our second home some day.  We can't wait to take Maddyx with us on our next trip!


7. I read my magazines from back to front.  Don't know why, but I always do it.  I should probably look into this.  What the heck does this mean???  Weird.

Now I get to pass this fun award on to seven other bloggers that I'd like to recognize.  Some of  my recipients have already received this award, but I just want to personally recognize them because they are my favs and I love them!

1. Michelle over at Waiting for Wesley.  She brought Wesley home about 4 weeks before we traveled to Korea to get Maddyx and she was such an enormous help and support system for me.  I hope we get to meet her and Wesley in person some day! 
2. Kelly over at John & Kelly + Max.  Kelly has already been awarded the versatile blogger award.  Maybe even two or three times (see, her blog really does rock!), but I'm still going recognize her as being one of my favorites!  I LOVE her blog, and have been following it for several months.  Not only do I love all of her great posts (and how great she is about posting often!) but I always enjoy all of her super cute and fun pictures of Max.  He's a doll.
3. Grace over at Chois-R-Us.  She has also received this award, but I really love all of the funny, honest, and real moments she blogs about during her wait to bring Chois boy home.  She's been waiting far too long (as a lot of us more recent families have had to) to bring her son home.  I cannot wait for the day that she has her beautiful son in her arms and the sound of his laughter is filling their home.  Soon.  So soon.
4. I just (as of last week) started following Life According to Leah.  And I'm hooked!  In about a week she is going to be on a plane to Ethiopia to get her son Khalil.  Her blog is honest, and I love that.  There's nothing more important than honesty when you're going through the adoption process.  I know sometimes I battle with how honest I should be, and then I remember how much I needed and still need to read about the reality of this journey.  Good, bad and ugly.  It all helps.  That said, I am so excited to follow her journey to Khalil!
5. Lucky Mama over at Chunsa Khidarim is soooo close to getting her travel call to go get her beautiful baby girl.  Yaaay!  She's almost at 7 months of waiting since receiving her referral.  It's time to bring that baby girl home! Cannot wait to follow along.
6. Truth be told, I have to say that this next blog may have been the very first blog I ever started "stalking." LOL. And for that, I must recognize Kelly at Life with Briar.  I started this journey in April of 2009 and shortly thereafter I started lurking in the adoption blog world.  I really enjoyed following Kelly and Briar.  And really loved (and still love) all of the amazing pictures Kelly takes of Briar.  For the record, she has one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen!  I can't believe how much she's grown since I started following her blog.
7. And last, but certainly not least, how could I not give this award back to the Super Mom Sue, over at all accounted four!  Even though she's already received this award, I still have to recognize her as one of my favorite bloggers and also send the love back her way! 

5 comments:

  1. awww, thanks, michelle! you are so sweet! ;)
    i love your list! i totally agree with number 3 and number 4 explains why you always look so good! :)
    i've always, always, always wanted to go to san diego. in fact, if given the opportunity, i think i'd move there in a heartbeat! of course, that would mean we'd actually have to afford to be able to live there! :) if i ever do make a trip out, we will HAVE to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, great list! I, too, love my reality shows - definitely a guilty pleasure! And I'm also a San Diego native, as I think you know :) Thanks so much for the very sweet words about my blog - I'm so glad you found me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list. We had our honeymoon in Hawaii and I can't wait to go back. We were planning on going there this year for our five year anniversary but we went to Korea instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super mom?!? you are too kind! today was definitely a day that i did NOT feel super as a mom.

    loved your list...so fun to get to know you better.

    i love magazines too - and have a very hard time getting rid of them. they are like precious reference books. lord help me.

    we honeymooned in hawaii...kauai. we just love that island - snorkeling, hiking, surfing, kayaking...and the smell of passion fruit. if i just could have been transported there today.

    thanks again michelle...you're one awesome mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I'm a little behind on the posts. Thank you so much for including me in this list! I love your list and share a few of these - I'm so with you on the reality shows and liking animals more than people (with the exception of our husbands & sons). I KNOW that we will meet someday in the near future. Both Brian and I love San Diego and can't wait to bring Wesley there - now we even have more of a reason :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!